1) Who is considered to be the Father of the nation of Singapore?
(A) Lee Kuan Yew
(B) Goc Choc Tong
(C) Norodom Sihanouk
(D) Tun Abul Razzaq
2) Ahamd Sukarno remained the president of _______ from 1949-1968.
3) What is the capital of Australia?
4) One of the bloodiest battles of the First World War was fought at Ypres (lepers) where a large number of soldiers from South Asia also died. In which country is this battlefield located?
5) President Robert Gabriel Mugabe is the President of:
6) Dag Hammarskjold remained the secretary General of the United Nations from 1953 till 1961 when he died in plane crash. Which country did he belong to?
7) After the assassination of the Prime Minister Indra Gandhi, Who became the next PM?
(A) Moraji Disai
(B) Vishwanath Pratab Singh
(C) Rajiv Gandhi
(D) Sanjay Gandhi
8) Ernesto “Che” Guevara was a famous revolutionary guerrila fighter. To which country did he belong?
9) Nelson Mandela received the Noble Peace Prize in 1933 together with another South African Leader. What was his name?
(A) Oliver Tambo
(B) P.W Botha
(C) Frederick de Klerk
(D) Archbishop Desmond Tutu
10) When did the Pakistan leave the Commonwealth for the first time before rejoining in 1989?
11) Which is the second largest Planet of our Solar System?
12) When did the Organization of Islamic Conference changes its name to Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)?
(A) 28 June 2011
(B) 27 Dec 2010
(C) 1 Jan 2011
(D) 28 June 2012
13) ‘Grameen Bank’ A pioneer in the field of micro finance, was the brainchild of:
(A) Dr. Riaz Rahman
(B) Fazle Hussain Abid
(C) Dr. Salaman Rahman
(D) Prof. Mohd Younas
14) BRICS Economy group of countries include Brazil, Russia, India, China and _______.
(A) South Africa
(C) South Korea
15) The permanent Secretariat of ASEAN is located in:
(B) Kuala Lumpur
16) The first man to set foot on the moon ?
(A) Neil Armstrong
(B) Buz Aldrin
(C) Yuri Gagarin
(D) Frank Borman
17) The Battle of Waterloo saw the defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte. In which country the battlefield located?
(C) Near London
18) What was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi doing in South Africa while running the passive resistance movement “Satyagraha”?
- He had gone their to visit relatives
- He was there to plead a legal case
- He was exiled by the British to South Africa
- He went there to attend a wedding ceremony
19) Which famous actor played the role of Dr. Zhivago in the movie by the same name?
(A) Peter OToole
(B) Marlon Brando
(C) Omar Sharif
(D) Zia Mohiuddin
20) The famous book “Gulliver’s Travels” was written by:
(A) Jonathan Swift
(B) Charlas Dickens
(C) Thomas Hardy
(D) Lews Caroll
21) Former Foreign Minister of Pakistan, Shahbaz Yaqub Khan, who died recently, had served the special representative of UN Secretary General for:
(A) Timor Leste
(D) Western Sahara
22) Pablo Picasso was one of the most famous painters of the world. He was from?
23) Constantinople was the old name of:
24) “Golden Temple” in India is a sacred place for?
25) Which president of the USA was involved in “Watergate Scandal”?
(A) John F kennedy
(B) Bill Clinton
(C) Richard Nixon
(D) Bains Johnson
26) Which mammal lays eggs?
27) Before unification which was the capital of West Germany?
28) “Cope of Good Hope” is located in which country?
(C) South Africa
29) To which island was Napoleon exiled to, in 1815, where he died?
(A) Saint Helena
30) In which country world’s highest waterfall (Angel Falls) located?
31) PM Nawaz Sharif attended the Climate Change Summit held in Paris in Dec 2015. The conference was known as COP21. What does COP stand for?
- Comprehensive Ozone Production
- Conference of Parties
- Conference of Ozone Polluters
- None of these
32) How many countries, so far, are the member of EU?
33) South African Cricket team is known as “Proteas”. What exactly the Proteas is:
- A Native Animal
- National Song of South Africa
- National Flower of South Africa
- Color green in Zulu language
34) Wallis Mathlas was a test cricketer from 1955 to 1962. Which country did he play for?
(B) West Indies
35) “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely”. These words are associated with which personality:
(A) Lord Acton
(B) Winston Churchill
(C) Abraham Licoln
36) The “Statue of Liberty” was gifted to USA by which country:
37) Who said ” From each according to his abilities, to each according to hi needs”
(A) Karl Marx
(B) M.K Gandhi
(C) Adam Smith
38) Ornithology is the study of:
39) Which disease is caused by Iodine deficiency?
40) Dialysis is used for the treatment of:
(A) Kidney Failure
(D) Parkinson disease
41) DNA stands for:
(A) Double Nucleic Acid
(B) Deoxyribo-Nucleic Acid
(C) Deoxyribo-Nitric Acid
(D) Deoxyribo-Nucleic Association
42) Banaspati Ghee is commonly produced by the Hydrogination of:
(A) Com oil
(B) Soyabean oil
(D) Palm oil
43) MRI is commonly used diagnostic tool in hospitals. What does MRI stands for:
(A) Magnetic Ray Image
(B) Multi Ray Image
(C) Magnetic Resonance Imaging
(D) Magnetic Resonance Investigation
44) Polio is caused by a:
(D) Vitamin deficiency
45) Sun is a:
46) Which one of the following is not a mammal?
47) The longest bone in the human body:
48) Which of the following is the purest form of gold?
(A) 18 carets
(B) 20 carets
(C) 22 carets
(D) 24 carets
49) Which one of the following is the largest organ in the human body?
50) Which of the following disease is caused by drinking of contaminated water?
51) Mughal Emperor Hamayun, lost his throne to:
(A) Jalaluddin Akabr
(B) Sher ShahSuri
(C) Sher Khan
(D) Ameer Noor-ud-din
52) Which Islamic Scholar practically opposed Akbar’s so called Deen-i-illahi?
(A) Khawaja Moin-ud-Din
(B) Sheikh Ahmad Serhindi
(C) Data Ganj Bakhsh
(D) Hazrat Gaisu Daraz
53) After the 1857 war of Independence the Mughal king of Delhi, Bahadur Shah was deported, by the British, to
(C) Andaman Island
54) Which British Officer killed the three sons of Bahadur Shah Zafr, during 1857 war?
(A) William Hudson
(B) Colonel Nicolson
(C) John Lawrence
(D) Lt. wiloughby
55) In which year Urdu hindi controversy started?
56) After Sir Syed Ahmad Khan who became the Secretary of AMO college Management?
(A) Hakem Ajmal Khan
(B) Nawab Mohsin-ul-Mulk
(C) Nawab Waqar-ul-Mul
(D) Molana Ali Johar
57) Who founded the Arya Samaj in India?
(A) Raja Ram Mohan
(B) Dayananda Sarawasti
(C) Ram Gopal Acharya
58) Indian National Congress was founded on the initiative of:
(A) M k mGandhi
(B) A. O. Hume
(C) Lord Curzon
(D) Ram Gopal Acharya
59) Who was the first president of All Inida Muslim League:
(A) Nawab Saed-uz-Zaman
(B) Nawab Salemullah
(C) Sir Agha Khan
(D) Nawab Waqar-ul-Mulk
60) Syed Ahmad Shaheed along with Shah Ismail were martyred in a battle with Sikhs at:
61) Who made the official announcement of annulment of Bangal in 1911?
(A) Sir John Jenkins
(B) Lord Hastings
(C) King George |||
(D) King George V
62) In which pact leaders of congress and Muslim league Agree on Constitutional Reforms in India including seperate Electorate for Muslims?
(A) Bombay Pact
(B) Lahore pact
(C) Lucknow Pact
(D) Delhi Pact
63) In 1927 British Parliament appointed a Commission to report on the working of Dyarchy in Indian provinces. Who was the head of this commission?
(A) Sir John Simon
(B) Sir Stafford Crisps
(C) Lord Chelmsford
(D) George Money
64) In August 1932, which British PM announced the famous Communal Award granting separate electorates to depressed classes in India?
(A) Neville Chamberlain
(B) Ramsay Macdonald
(C) Stanely Baldwin
(D) Clement Attlee
65) Who was the PM of Great Britain at the time of Independence of India and Paksitan?
(A) Clement Attlee
(B) Winston Churchill
(C) Neville Chamberlain
(D) Sir Anthon Eden
66) Who wrote the National Anthem of India?
(A) Rabindranath Tagore
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Chandar Chatopadhyay
(D) M. K Gandhi
67) QA Muhammad Ali Jannah started his legal practice in ______ and became the first Muslim barrister in the city.
68) QA daughter, Dina, married to Neville Wadia. Who was he by his way of religion:
69) What was the title of Allama Iqbal’s Ph.D thesis?
(A) Reconstruction of religious thought in Islam
(B) Development of Metaphysics in Persia
(C) Concept of Social Justice in Islam
(D) Influence of Rumi on Sufi poetry in India
70) Who played the pivotal role in the formation of APWA(All Pakistan Women’s Association)?
(A) Begum Raana Liaqat Ali
(B) Begum Shaista Ikramullah
(C) Begum Jahanara
(D) Begum Salma Tassaduq
71) The Indian Independence Act 1947, was mainly, based on the recommendations made by:
(A) Cabinet Mission
(B) Cripps Mission
(C) Wavel Plan
(D) Mountbatten Plan
72) After the assassination of Liaqat Ali Khan, the then Governor General(GG) of Pakistan took over the Prime Minister. Who was then appointed the GG ?
(A) Ali Bogra
(B) Ghulam Ahmad
(C) Ghulam Muhammad
(D) Iskandar Mirza
73) Name the incidence which took place in 1971, which provided an excuse to India to ban all Pakistani flights over Indian territory?
(A) Attack on Indian Parliament
(B) Violation of Ceasefire line
(C) Hijacking of Indian Aircraft
(D) Killing of guards at Wagha gate
74) After removal of PM Nawaz Sharif in 1999, Musharaf took the office as:
(B) Governor General
(C) Prime Minsiter
(D) Chief Executive
75) In the Battle of Uhad Hinda mutilated the body of Hazrat Hamza and chewed his liver. Hinda was the wife of:
(A) Abu Jahl
(B) Abu Sufyan
(C) Abdullah Ibn Jasha
(D) Wahshi Ibn Harb
76) During the battle of Uhad, when Archers left the designated place, who took advantage and attacked the Muslims from behind?
(A) Khalid ibn Waleed
(B) Ikramah ibn Abu Jahal
(C) Wahshi ibn Harb
(D) Haris ibn Harb
77) Name the youngest daughter of the Holly Prophet?
(A) Hazrat Ume Kalsoom
(B) Hazrat Zainab (RA)
(C) Hazrat Ruqqaya (RA)
(D) Hazrat Fatima (RA)
78) What is the meaning of “Baqarah”?
79) What was the name of the camel on the Holy Prophet (PBUH) was riding while migrating to Madina?
80) At which place the Holly Prophet became the Imam of All the prophets during Miraj?
(A) Masjid Al-Aqsa
81) Umrah can be performed at any time throughout the year except 9th to:
(A) 10th Zilhaj
(B) 11 Zilhaj
(C) 10th Ramazan
(D) 12 Ramazan
82) In which Surah of the Holy Quran essentials of the “Wuzu” given?
83) Who signed the Treaty of Hudabiya on behalf of the Quraish?
(A) Abu Sufyan
(B) Sohail ibn Amar
(C) Taofik bin Amor
(D) Khalid bin Waleed
84) Who was the first among the Muslims to conquer Northern Africa. He also established the city Kariwoan (Tunisia)
(A) Muhammad bin Qasim
(B) Khalid bin Walid
(C) Tariq bin Ziyad
(D) Uqbah bin Nafi
85) How many Marlas are there in One acre?
86) How many furlongs make One mile?
87) On Sep 2015 the UN Sustaianable Development Summit adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development which include Goals (SDGs). How many goals have been set in SDGs?
88) The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) were adopted in 2000. How many goals were there in MDGs?
89) Who man the man behind the establishment of Human Development Index (HDI) which is very important to measure the well being of any country.
(A) Amartya Sen
(B) Mahbub ul Haq
(C) Kofi Annan
(D) Dr Slaeem Muhammad
90) Gross National Happiness (GNH), as an indicator to measure the overall well being of any country, was proposed by?
91) What is the main cause of Vulture population decline in Pakistan?
(A) Excessive use of pesticides
(B) Expanding Urban Centers
(C) Use of Diclofenac in Livestock
(D) Excessive poaching
92) Attabad Lake in Gilgit Baltistan which was made by landslide, It blocked river _______ for almost months.
93) Who was Pakistan’s first Civilian CMLA(Chief Martial Law Administrator)?
(A) Iskandar Mirza
(B) Ghulam Muhammad
(C) Ayub Khan
(D) ZA Bhutto
94) The affairs of cooperative societies in Pakistan are regulated under Cooperative Societies Act, 1925 and Cooperative Societies Rules of:
95) Who is the Minister of Cooperatives in the Government of Punjab?
(A) Malik Iqbal Channar
(B) Malik Tanveer Aslam
(C) Raja ishfaq Sarwar
(D) Malik Nadeem Kamran
96) Who was the first post independence CM of punjab?
(A) Mumtaz Doltana
(B) Feroz Khan Noon
(C) Iftkhar Hussain Mamdoot
(D) Sadiq Hussian
97) Who succeeded the Sir Francis Mudie as the second Governor of Punjab in independent Pakistan?
(A) I I chandrigar
(B) Abdur Rab Nishtar
(C) Mian Amin ud Din
(D) Mushtaq Anmea Gurmani
98) M.M Alam was an ace fighter pilot of PAF. He was awarded with _____ in 1965 war:
99) Who is the current Chief of Air staff? (Now)
(A) Zaheer Ahmad Babar
(B) Tahir Rafique But
(C) Sohail Aman
(D) Kaleem Saadat
100) Faiz ahmad Faiz won which famous international award in 1962?
(A) Noble Prize for Literature
(B) Lenin Peace Prize
(C) Commonwealth Literature Award
(D) Booker Prize Literature